Saturday, April 4, 2009

Garden Visitors

I love to sit in the backyard after work with my camera. Lately I have wanted a picture of the Hummingbirds that zoom through, check out the red flowers, and disappear in a flash. Checking out the Banana trees something caught my eye. Have never seen one of these here yet. We played hide and seek for a bit as he seemed to be very conscious of my presence. I think he was after the thumb-sized bees that frequent the banana flowers - what else would a Green anole be doing disguised as a banana stalk?

Finally, I gave up and went to the front yard, where the hummingbirds were buzzzing the Panama Rose tree. This little guy let me get about 4-5ft. close (not easy getting a good focussed shot of him, either - try a dozen of 157 shots!!) But a prize when I viewed the pics, after all! The Cuban Humingbirds are known to rest on branches, but he took off! 1,2,3 poof!



gotta love them! Creatures big and small......

1 comment:

  1. Great hummingbird pictures. I know I have them in my yard but I have yet to see one.

    ReplyDelete